What's new

iPhone will not sync with itunes, PLEASE HELPP

ala13

Reaction score
Hi,
4 days ago i went back to using my iPhone 4, on the new os for apple. Up until yesterday i was able to sync and such with itunes. Now as soon as i open itunes and the sync starts i get an error stating, "itunes has stopped working" and then everything freezes. I have tried installing itunes again, deleting any recent adds to the phone, deauthorizing and authorizing my itunes account, and not sure what else i can do to fix the issue. I am not the most techy person in the world. I do have an iPad 2 as well and it seems to be doing the same when icloud kicks on.
I am using a windows 7 based pc if that makes a difference.
PLEASE HELP

First: back up your phone to iCloud through the phone, without plugging it in to the PC.
Second: restore to factory settings through the reset option on your phone. Set up your phone as a new phone when the reset is complete. DO NOT select restore from iCloud backup.
Third: Plug the phone into iTunes and see what it does. If it freezes, the problem is with iTunes and not with the phone, and if it doesn't freeze, the problem was with the SOFTWARE on your phone. After that, reset again and select restore from iCloud backup.

hey. got another idea:d
why don.t you start vice-versa? check iTunes first. you can reinstall it first, rather than restoring your iPhone:D

Ok so if i uninstall itunes and reinstall itunes will i lose all my music? Im kind of computer dumb. i am using windows 7
I am currently backing up the iPhone to iCloud which is stating it will take a few hours,

Also i am trying to backup via iCloud and it keeps timing out :( HELP

So here is what i tried..
I restored the iPhone to factory settings and wiped everything out and soon as i connected it to itunes it did the same thing, said step 2 of 6 which is backing up and bam itunes has stopped working error came up on the screen yet again. So i uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and the problem still persists. Anyone have ANY other suggestions? this is driving me nuts

ala13 said:
So here is what i tried..
I restored the iPhone to factory settings and wiped everything out and soon as i connected it to itunes it did the same thing, said step 2 of 6 which is backing up and bam itunes has stopped working error came up on the screen yet again. So i uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and the problem still persists. Anyone have ANY other suggestions? this is driving me nuts

Hope you backed up before. Do you have any other idevices that you can connect to the computer? It seems the problem is with iTunes, the computer. Oh. You can plug the phone into another computer and see whether the phone successfully backs up. If it doesn't, the phone is screwed up. If it does back up, the some configuration file on your computer not modified during the install and uninstall of iTunes. What version of windows do you have?

I totally didn't back up, it wont allow me to do so at all, that's the point that it keeps crashing at. I have windows 7, its just odd that everything was fine and then completely stopped working as a whole. im gunna try my iPad 2 and see if it does the same thing...yup its doing the same thing with my iPad as well.

ala13 said:
I totally didn't back up, it wont allow me to do so at all, that's the point that it keeps crashing at. I have windows 7, its just odd that everything was fine and then completely stopped working as a whole. im gunna try my iPad 2 and see if it does the same thing...yup its doing the same thing with my iPad as well.

No no no no. You can back up straight from the phone. No computer required. Go to settings, iCloud, and then backup. No computer required. That's why I said you should back up first.

it keeps timing out when icloud is backing up, and even through the backup it isn't actually working. Apple tech was on the phone with me for 2 hours this morning. They are normally pretty good but the guy had no idea.

I think the problem is with your phone. Don't know anything else at this point.