What's new

Need to copy pictures from sync'd albums to computer

loreak

Reaction score
I used to sync a folder of pictures to my iphone so they are not in the camera roll, well that hard drive crashed so I want to copy the pictures from the iphone to my computer. They are not in the camera roll and thus are not directly manageable unless i want to email them all but we are talking about over 1000 pictures.

so noone knows any way of doing this?

Install dropbox on your phone and your computer. Now you only have so much free space so invite some friends and you'll get more. I'm losing 250 gb by telling you this in the forum.

I used to sync a folder of pictures to my iphone so they are not in the camera roll, well that hard drive crashed so I want to copy the pictures from the iphone to my computer. They are not in the camera roll and thus are not directly manageable unless i want to email them all but we are talking about over 1000 pictures.

Did you check iCloud? I believe your camera roll is copied/stored in your iCloud account.

I don't know much about iCloud Storage but could you tell me a little bit about it? How much is free, etc?

I do not use all of the functions of iCloud. I prefer to make backups via iTunes.

Apple provides each user 5 GB of free space. Apps, ebook, or music purchased from Apple is not counted toward the 5 GB of free space.

iCloud still has some issues. Here is a link that my help http://www.maclife.com/article/features/7_things_apple_doesn’t_tell_you_about_icloud

OP check the section on "need to delete photo images"

Mike

I do not use all of the functions of iCloud. I prefer to make backups via iTunes.

Apple provides each user 5 GB of free space. Apps, ebook, or music purchased from Apple is not counted toward the 5 GB of free space.

iCloud still has some issues. Here is a link that my help http://www.maclife.com/article/features/7_things_apple_doesn’t_tell_you_about_icloud

OP check the section on "need to delete photo images"

Mike

That may have been what Dropbox came with, I've worked it up to around 15 gb by getting others to sign up.

Well most of you didnt read what i said about not being in the camera roll, nothing that was said applies to me. I was thinking I could SSH into the phone and copy the files out.

Sorry I misread and misunderstood your issue. Is your phone jail broken? If so, try Cyber Duck or IFunBox. iFunBox works if you are not jail broken so it may be the way to go.