What's new

Need help with the following

SomeDude

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a problem that my ten year-old has gotten himself into and I need a hand undoing it. He got his hands on our credit card information and ran up a bunch of charges buying stuff for his friggen Minecraft game. I am attempting to place restrictions on what he can do with it, but I can't get past the 4-digit pass code in the restrictions section. He claims he never put one in. I've removed the method of payment, but I still want the restrictions in place. How can I get around this?

Merry Christmas,
SD

Greetings,

I have a problem that my ten year-old has gotten himself into and I need a hand undoing it. He got his hands on our credit card information and ran up a bunch of charges buying stuff for his friggen Minecraft game. I am attempting to place restrictions on what he can do with it, but I can't get past the 4-digit pass code in the restrictions section. He claims he never put one in. I've removed the method of payment, but I still want the restrictions in place. How can I get around this?

Merry Christmas,
SD
To get rid of the restrictions password, you'll have to do a factory restore on the iPad and set it up as a new iPad unless you have a backup that was made before the restrictions password was set. Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup that pre-dates the restrictions password, you'll lose all data from your iPad.

To stop anyone from making in-app purchases or downloading apps, go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases. You can also turn off the iTunes Store to stop any unauthorized downloads or purchases in iTunes. You would set this up after restoring the iPad. Make sure to never let anyone learn your Restrictions password.