What's new

Need help please!!

DNA47

Reaction score
Hey guys, my girlfriends iPhone 4 crashed 1 week ago, she was browsing the internet when suddenly the iPhone powered off and has not turned on since. when i plug it in to my PC, nothing happens, but if i press home and power for 12 sec + home for 7 sec my PC detects it and iTunes tells me that i need to restore, but if i try to restore i get error 3194.

Tried to delete the last line in the host file but i still get error 3194.

I tried to use TU and "fix recovery" but the logs tells me that the fix is finished and to wait for reboot but 1 sec later it's says DFU phone disconnected.

I also tried redsn0w but it stops at level 1 (or stage 1, can't remember) and then the iPhone disconnects, so i hold home + power and redsn0w continues to stage (or level) 2 but then i get miss keys missing or something like that.

Is it bricked? What the hell should i try next?! I'm not an iPhone user so all that tinyumbrella and redsn0w stuff is new to me!

p.s phone is not jailbroken, nor has she "played" with any software stuff to my knowledge.

Last edited:
i moved your post here where it might receive better attention.

error 3194 means you are trying to install an old iOS and apple is no longer signing off on that iOS. There is no reason to bother with anyhting other than itunes because if she hasnt that means she definitely doesnt have shsh blobs saved from previous iOS updates. Your best bet is to restore the phone from DFU or Recovery mode, but do this on a different computer since you have already altered the hosts file on itunes. Also, let itunes download and update the software, dont manually spcify the ISPW. The phone should have no problem updating, that is ONLY happening because you are attempting to install an outdated iOS.

error 3194 means you are trying to install an old iOS and apple is no longer signing off on that iOS. There is no reason to bother with anyhting other than itunes because if she hasnt that means she definitely doesnt have shsh blobs saved from previous iOS updates. Your best bet is to restore the phone from DFU or Recovery mode, but do this on a different computer since you have already altered the hosts file on itunes. Also, let itunes download and update the software, dont manually spcify the ISPW. The phone should have no problem updating, that is ONLY happening because you are attempting to install an outdated iOS.

1) You don't edit the host files on iTunes, you edit it in your system files

2) By your mentality, if I make any changes to my computer, in order to get it back to its original state I'd have to wipe my computer or throw it out and use another computer

3) 3194 is a custom IPSW or an incorrect make issue. You can get a 3194 on an iPhone 4 by using a GSM on a CDMA, a CDMA on a GSM, or a World on GSM/CDMA