What's new

Need help lost everything during backup

johnjohnballer

Reaction score
I was backing up my iPhone 3gs and about to restore to my new iPhone 4s. During the long backup process of my 3gs it got unplugged from my computer and is now stuck in recovery mode with the iTunes logo and USB sign. It did however create a partial backup onto iTunes. I tried to restore my new iPhone 4s from that backup but only about half of my apps and pictures and songs were in the backup. Is there a way to back it up from a previous backup version, like from a file? Or how do I get my old iPhone 3gs out of recovery mode without completely restoring it?

you can download the redsnow jailbreak app and it has an option to get the device out of recovery mode.

once you install and run it.... click on extras then you will see a button that says "Recovery Fix"

you can download the redsnow jailbreak app and it has an option to get the device out of recovery mode.

once you install and run it.... click on extras then you will see a button that says "Recovery Fix"

+1 that's the only way to fix it. If that doesn't work I'm afraid you will have to live with the partial backup.