What's new

Backup Restore Won't Complete - PC Keeps Shutting Down

imsol

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i finally took the plunge to update my jailbroken iphone 4 to the latest firmware version 7.1.2 last night (via wifi) but something went wrong and the apple logo was on a loop.

i did a system restore and updated the firmware using usb. update went fine but all my stuff (contacts photos etc) was gone. fortunately i had made a backup before i began all this.

MY PROBLEM is that the backup restore does not complete and during the process my pc shuts off and the iphone restarts.

would appreciate any help from the experts.

Hi Guys,

i finally took the plunge to update my jailbroken iphone 4 to the latest firmware version 7.1.2 last night (via wifi) but something went wrong and the apple logo was on a loop.

i did a system restore and updated the firmware using usb. update went fine but all my stuff (contacts photos etc) was gone. fortunately i had made a backup before i began all this.

MY PROBLEM is that the backup restore does not complete and during the process my pc shuts off and the iphone restarts.

would appreciate any help from the experts.

Probably aiming more towards the computer's problem than the iPhone's problem. iTunes unfortunately can eat up your resources extremely quickly, so something as simple as restore from a backup will drastically increase your CPU and RAM usage, and if it gets hot enough, your device will either blue screen, or reboot to attempt to cool the tower to an acceptable temperature.

Check to see that your tower's fan is dust free and that it's well ventilated prior to maxing out its resources like restoring from backup using iTunes. If you have another computer with iTunes, copy and paste your entire backup from the computer containing the backup to the other computer with iTunes, and restore from backup on that other computer.