What's new

need help after battery replacement

Paul Roberts

Reaction score
Hi all hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction, I replaced the battery in my bosses iPhone 8 and then it required the passcode after being restarted but my boss has forgotten his passcode. The problem now is the battery seems to have gone flat and nothing will charge it as it was not unlocked after the battery change

Until you get that passcode the phone is about useless. I have to agree with scifan57, how did your boss ever use his phone without a passcode????

Man I write all my stuff down! Way too many passwords to remember them all!! Best to at least keep a notepad around and write all passcodes down with the date you made it. Helps a lot with things like this!!

The number of times I have forgotten passwords -especially a short while after creating a new login to a website... (Hopefully not so much short term memory loss, but through diving straight into wherever I am trying to get to and thinking that I will off course remember the password and write it down later.)

Hence I use 1Password to save passwords and some notes on particular logins, but no bank info; these just have to be remembered. Everytime I create a new login or password I enter it into 1Password and as we have our ipad and iphone on one AppleID, 1Password data is mirrored, via iCloud, to the others. I also enter any new windows logins there too. OK, this is not much use if you forget your main iPad/iPhone passcode. Hence I have the pass codes and a few other instructions printed out in a safe place should anything happen to me. (Could a relative, if needs be, access your info? E.g. account numbers, bill payments, medical numbers, etc. All the things we keep locked away on our phones and perhaps no longer written down in diaries)

The Windows and perhaps Mac versions of 1Password allow you to print everything out, which is useful. Safari logins and passwords can be viewed, which is also helpful. (While you can view them, Firefox used to allow you to print all passwords, but sadly doesn’t anymore)

Oh my gosh how does anyone remember anything with so much going on these days. I know some computers and phones will remember passwords for some things.