What's new

iPhone 8 256Gb Keeps rebooting

Bibbop

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I have a new to me iPhone 8 that wont stop rebooting. Had it taken to a shop and they replaced the IC part. Issue is not resolved. After they kept it for 4 days and said they didnt see any issue?
I have it now and there is definitely an issue! The phone is barely with a scratch on it and belongs to my mother in law. Purchased from an online store. Worked great for a few months and now totally unusable.
PS. The phone also gets extremely hot with the reboots going over and over again.
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks much in advance!

I “recommend” that you put the iPhone in recovery or DFU mode to reinstall iOS. Afterwards, set it up as a new device.

Warning: All data will be erased from the device so I hope you have a backup as well as items that are synced to iCloud or another cloud service.

I “recommend” that you put the iPhone in recovery or DFU mode to reinstall iOS. Afterwards, set it up as a new device.

Warning: All data will be erased from the device so I hope you have a backup as well as items that are synced to iCloud or another cloud service.
Thanks for the reply. Il try a DFU and report back once I have better information. Thanks!

If not too late, perhaps try a soft reset before DFU mode If you haven’t tried that already. ( Press volume up button quickly, then volume down button quickly, then hold power off button until the apple start up appears.)
Hi there, soft reset does gets me out of the look in occations yet it keeps coming back. I did manage to get a full backup of the phone before it all went crazy! hoping the DFU will work out.