What's new

Need advice about jailbreak and security

ardchoille

Reaction score
The last time I jailbroke an iPhone was on the 4S (long ago), so I'm assuming some things have changed a bit since then. I'm very interested in jailbreaking my iPhone 6 in order to change to a nicer theme (hopefully something like iOS 6) - this "flattened" UI is just ugly, in my opinion. Is Winterboard still popular? I have read that Anemone was good for switching themes.

From what I understand, the jailbreak process for the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0.2 is as follows:
1. Restore to factory settings
2. Jailbreak using pangu
3. Download my previous apps and tweak all settings

Is this correct?

Also, what about security? What do I need to do to harden my iPhone 6 against bad stuff now that some of the iOS security (app sandboxing?) has been bypassed due to the jailbreak?

Any other advice?

It's been so long since I've done anything like this, I just don't want to take the chance on ruining my iPhone.

Just a short note:
A member of iPadForums posted last week that Anemone is not compatible with iOS 9.0.2 yet.

The instructions for jailbreaking can be found on this site:
Download Pangu 9 iOS 9 - 9.0.2 Jailbreak For iPhone 6s, Plus, 6, 5s, iPad And More | Redmond Pie

Some people experienced problems with the latest jailbreak. It's recommended not to reset your device (Home/Power button).
Hmm.. I'll have to find an IPSW for iOS 9.0.2, I don't know who redmondpie is and I don't trust downloading it from them.

Thank you, Johanna! :)

Silly me, I forgot that I need a desktop machine in order to jailbreak. Oh well.