What's new

Advice on Modding/Jailbreaking my iPhone 4

Ok, as long as not being able to unlock is the ONLY disadvantage of not preserving my baseband, I'm gonna upgrade to the latest baseband and firmware and use Redsn0w to jb. Then I can use Cydia to load whatever apps I want? Including ones downloaded using various methods like torrents?

Is there anything else I might want to do?

Are there any known bugs with the current releases of Redsn0w or Cydia that I might want to know about ahead of time?

yes thats the only reason for the baseband to stay at 01.59..

people have reported problems in general with 4.3.3 but i myself have had none.

then you can use cydia to load those jailbroken apps like winterboard...

downloaded apps from torrents? you mean cracked apps? that is something we dont help with here and please avoid talking about them here.

Sounds good. Thanks!

So, upgrade, Redsn0w, cydia, and winterboard? Are there any parallel offerings for Cydia or winterboard? Anything worth considering?

well cydia apps allow you to really customise the phone and have tweaks that there are too many to list but they allow you to do things that apple have not enabled on the iphone and that you cannot get in the app store..

so, upgrade , redsn0w then install what ever looks good to you in cydia... winterboard was just an example of an app. that allows you to have themes and customise your phone

Last edited:
yes thats the only reason for the baseband to stay at 01.59..

people have reported problems in general with 4.3.3 but i myself have had none.

then you can use cydia to load those jailbroken apps like winterboard...

downloaded apps from torrents? you mean cracked apps? that is something we dont help with here and please avoid talking about them here.

Sounds good. Thanks!

So, upgrade, Redsn0w, cydia, and winterboard? Are there any parallel offerings for Cydia or winterboard? Anything worth considering?

well cydia apps allow you to really customise the phone and have tweaks that there are too many to list but they allow you to do things that apple have not enabled on the iphone and that you cannot get in the app store..

so, upgrade , redsn0w then install what ever looks good to you in cydia... winterboard was just an example of an app. that allows you to have themes and customise your phone

Thanks. So jailbroken apps are ones that are not available in the store ? Am I understanding you correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. Thanks!

Thanks. So jailbroken apps are ones that are not available in the store?

please make sure you read the rules, we do not talk about that here

Thanks. So jailbroken apps are ones that are not available in the store?

please make sure you read the rules, we do not talk about that here

Cydia apps are ones such as winterboard and tweaks for example ones that allow you to facetime over a 3g network and games that are in there and themes and everything else you will find..

Cydia apps are ones such as winterboard and tweaks for example ones that allow you to facetime over a 3g network and games that are in there and themes and everything else you will find..

So, Cydia is sort of an unsanctioned third-party iTunes store app? Basically, all the apps that Apple rejects (or would reject) for placement in iTunes?