What's new

Warranty service after jailbreak advice

osso12

Reaction score
Ok, many of you know the issues I had yesterday of doing my updates to 4.3.2 then jailbreak.
My issue with the home button returned this morning. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times, and the phone will not respond with the home button. You have to reboot the phone, OR you can plug the usb cable in to get the phone back to respond. Personally I do not think the problem is really related to hardware, but if the phone is basically useless after an upgrade then jailbreak what good is it doing me? It simply takes too much time to reboot the phone, and simply respringing everytime is not an option for me.
As posted in a other thread of the same issue a user had his phone replaced for the same reason. I do not know if his phone was jailbroken or not.
I have a few questions on where to start with this. My first thought is start the warranty procedures.
1. Do I call apple or do I try and restore all over again FIRST to remove the jailbreak?
2. Do I simply take in in to a AT&T store first, or do I call apple or AT&T?
3. What is normal procedure on this? I assume a tech will first ask me if its jailbroken? Will a tech walk me though some steps to correct this issue first?
4. Lets say for whatever reason, they decide to replace the phone.
I love my jailbroke apps. Do I jailbreak the new phone since we have no idea what is causing this issue in the first place?
This same issue has been ongoing for several weeks now with no rhyme or reason as to what is actually causing the issue.
Thanks for all your advice.

hold the presses.....
You are not going to believe what I just discovered...
I am testing this to make sure.

What is really going on with the home button, can you give a full description of what and how the home button behaving? When you remove the jailbreak, i mean restore the iOS with itunes are u able to reproduce the issue with the home button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I finally figured out what the issue was...
Its not the phone or the software, and its not me.
Anyone want to guess?

What is really going on with the home button, can you give a full description of what and how the home button behaving? When you remove the jailbreak, i mean restore the iOS with itunes are u able to reproduce the issue with the home button?

I have narrowed down the issue. I started having the issue again and removed it from the otterbox case for the second time I have had it.
Its the cause that is causing the issue all along.. I cleaned the case real well and so far the issue has not returned. I am going to talk to otterbox about this today calling them now.

I have narrowed down the issue. I started having the issue again and removed it from the otterbox case for the second time I have had it.
Its the cause that is causing the issue all along.. I cleaned the case real well and so far the issue has not returned. I am going to talk to otterbox about this today calling them now.

i don't follow you well. How can a case have influences on the home button of your phone? I really don't pick it.

Otterbox is out of the RED defender case but they are sending me a new Black one for free.
W@@T!

i don't follow you well. How can a case have influences on the home button of your phone? I really don't pick it.

The rubber jell at times is not making good contact with the home button as it should.
The problem went away as soon as I removed the phone from the defender case.

I'm glad you've got it all sorted but this is just for future reference. Never tell apple or your network you are or ever had jailbroken your device. Your warranty will dissapear if you do. Do what I do, if they ask you if it's jailbroken just say 'what's that?'.

Always restore via iTunes to remove any jailbreak if you need to return your phone...

I'm glad you've got it all sorted but this is just for future reference. Never tell apple or your network you are or ever had jailbroken your device. Your warranty will dissapear if you do. Do what I do, if they ask you if it's jailbroken just say 'what's that?'.

Always restore via iTunes to remove any jailbreak if you need to return your phone...

Yea I figured so. Never hurts to start asking. Phone has not acted up all day.
I have had it out of the case one other time but never really thought about it being the case as the issue returned shortly afterward.
It really has been un nerving at the least. Glad its all it ended up being as I dreaded to start dealing with apple tech support and the like.

The rubber jell at times is not making good contact with the home button as it should.
The problem went away as soon as I removed the phone from the defender case.

Hoo well... That was your troubles origins. I couldn't figure it out :)

ok i need some help! I jailbroke my iphone 4 with greenpoison, then i plugged it into itunes and it automatically tried to update to the 4.3.2. then it threw itself into eternal recovery mode. i have tried everything, especially using TU to fix the 10XX recovery, but that still does not work. When i try to jailbreak again with greenpoison it goes through the normal paces and then get stuck on the promt load screen for greenpoison instead of just loading the jailbroke stuff like the first time i did it. can anyone help me?

ok i need some help! I jailbroke my iphone 4 with greenpoison, then i plugged it into itunes and it automatically tried to update to the 4.3.2. then it threw itself into eternal recovery mode. i have tried everything, especially using TU to fix the 10XX recovery, but that still does not work. When i try to jailbreak again with greenpoison it goes through the normal paces and then get stuck on the promt load screen for greenpoison instead of just loading the jailbroke stuff like the first time i did it. can anyone help me?

U should probably start a new thread.. Or search for another that might be similar to your issue..
I used redsnow and it worked fine.. Don't know much about greenpoison

HAhahahahahaha!!!! Just remember to restore before you send your phone back and Apple are clueless.