What's new

Naked iphone - bad idea?

Supahrob

Reaction score
Searched a bit, so I know there seem to be people on both sides. But still I am hoping to get a clearer bottom line here.

One of the things I have loved about the iPhone 4 is the overall "sleekness" of it. The earlier iPhones didn't have it so I was never drawn to the iPhone. But the iPhone 4 is a nice looking phone. I always intended to use a screen protector, but I was hoping not to need a case. The lady at the Verizon store told me he phone was made of glass (!?) so I needed a case. I don't hate the case, but it does cover up a lot of what I liked about the look of the phone, the silver on the sides for example.

So my question is, is it really as fragile as I was led to believe? Does it have to have a case? My job isn't as rough as some, but I don't work in an office environment either.

Take care,
Rob

Get a leather pouch for it with a pull cord. Phone + crap in ur pocket = ugly scratched phone. With pouch it's protected and yet naked when u want to use it.

Go to bestskinsever and order a full body kit. It costs $9, and you can see the actual phone and have it protected the same time.

I personally highly recommend a "invisible shield" made by ZAGG. I have been using these on many products ranging from phones to cameras and laptops etc and have never once been disappointed. You can find them online for around 20-35 bucks. They are completely clear and u can get ones to cover the entire iPhone except the port holes of course. Can't even tell it's on the phone! Yet it can be scratched hard with keys and doesn't leave a single mark! It's actually amazing. Check out some of the videos online of invisible shield and you will be greatly impressed. Best thing yet is it has a lifetime warranty so if it scratches or rips or peels they send u a brand new one and u send the old
One back when u receive the new one. Oh and it also makes the phone alot grippier. I myself love the look of the iphone4 and have gotten an invisible shield and will never ever use a different product again! Hope this helps.

Bad idea to let the iPhone4 naked IMO, i would buy a protective case or buy a pouch for it for sure because if it happen to fall down 75cm on a hard surface and the weak part is the part which hit the hard surface, you can get ready to take out some $ for fixing it back, but even so, the phone resistivity surely decrease even if it's a bit.

I also don't think the device is that fragile, but when protective cases cost as few as $10, why not be safe?

I have been using a case ever since I own an iPhone and regret ot when I sell it because I haven't enjoyed the sleekness of the iPhone. Now I got the i4, I only have screen protector and a carbon back which expose the nice look of the phone. Now, I actually enjoy just looking at the phone. Just have to be careful because it's slippery at times.

I've always used a case since I dropped my 3G and smashed the screen. I love the sleekess of the iPhone but it's not worth the risk going naked. The iphones glass it fairly tough but it is still easily scratched and if dropped in the wrong way easily smashed...

I can't find a case to gut my iPhone because if This buffer thing they gave me because of The bad signal the iPhone 4 gets does it work with a case ??

If your talking about the bumper case then you can replace it with another case. You don't need both...

It's better to use a case... sometimes it's really slippery, and investing a few bucks for a case is better than a broken iphone!