What's new

Naked iPhone 4 questions

jms81

Reaction score
Ok so I've seen threads talking about the best cases and protectors, but my question is to those of you who love the look of the ip4, and have gone a while with no protection. How easy does it scratch, how many times have you dropped it with no incident?

i dont use a case hardly ever.
i keep a rubber/silicon case in my car for when im using tomtom,so it will stand in front of my speedometer.
other than that,zagg invisible sheild will keep your phone protected,while preserving that beautiful look of the phone

I never used a case on my 3G. I had dropped it several times without much fuss. Then one day I dropped it from no more than a foot while getting out the car one day and the screen smashed to bits. I looked like a spiders web.

Needless to say I've always used a good case since then...

The Zaggs look like my best bet, I'm really considering the smart case from sfbags as well. Can anyone recommend any other holster, I prefer a slide in like the smart case from sfbags, but would also consider a leather one with really good inner liner. I had a leather BlackBerry holster for my Storm that didn't have a sufficient liner, which after time wore the chrome off the plastic from sliding in and out...

My boss doesnt use a case on his phone anymore and it looks like crap. the glass is chipped around the edges and he even has some scratching on the brushed aluminum band.... needless to say, going caseless is up to the user but i'll never go without one.

Like you, i love the look of my iphone4 but i put the phones resale value first. In 1 1/2 years when my contract is up i'll be able tot sell this thing in pristine condition and get top dollar to use on the latest and greatest iphone (or whatever phone) that'll be out then.

I keep mine in a case, I drop my phones to many times getting out of the car. So I keep my iPhone in my outter box case all the time. And when it comes time to sell I get top dollar for my iphone.

I kept mine naked for a while, and during that time I did get a couple of minor scratches on it. I think it's a bit more resistant to scratches than any other phone because on a few occasions I've bumped it and thought oh no, I bet it scratched. and it didn't.

I think if you like your phone naked, take them clothes off and strut.

I kept mine naked for a while, and during that time I did get a couple of minor scratches on it. I think it's a bit more resistant to scratches than any other phone because on a few occasions I've bumped it and thought oh no, I bet it scratched. and it didn't.

I think if you like your phone naked, take them clothes off and strut.

Right on, I think I may strut it... :D I must be pretty easy on my phones because my BB Storm is almost 2 years old and and the only damages are from holster wear. Oh and the scratches on the back from doing a roof with a friend... lesson learned there, don't wear your phone on you belt while laying shingles :)

i bought a $20 griffin case from walmart (covers the back and the sides, and bevels out so it protects the screen) and a screen protector day 1 and with no case and screen protector mine looks brand new still.