What's new

My iPhone 4 is not texting properly

aldoglen

Reaction score
My iPhone 4 (iOS 5.1.1) started acting funny this past weekend. When I would text my wife who is using an iPhone 3G, she would not receive the texts from me, they would appear as if they were coming from an email account that we use for our apple ID. I even made sure that I deleted that email address from both of our address books and it did not change anything. Today when I was texting a friend of mine who also uses an iPhone 3G, he would receive the text from the same email account and not from my phone number. I sat down with my wifes iPhone and replied to the email account that was showing up and the texts appear as an iMessage but they do not ever make it to my phone, but when I use her phone and send a text to my actual phone number it appears as a text message and my phone can receive it. I do not have this problem when texting anyone using a droid.

I have checked a few forums and have not found anyone having the same problems, hopefully someone can help out...

I am having the same type of problem. My fiancé is not getting my IMessages and when they do go through they are delayed. When she replies to me the come through as both a text and iMessage not sure what the problems is.

To the original poster of this thread, make sure under imessage that the ID for your contact is setup for your telephone number.

Now as for other person who posted, turn imessage off and turn it back on and let ot reactivate, also make sure to do what i just told the original thread maker to do.

Hope this helps both of you.

Thats not really a problem. when texting iPhone to iPhone iMessage is used. Simple as that. You can change what the call ID will be in Settings> Messages.