What's new

Doing massive mass texts properly

fratstar

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm the Vice President of Communications for a 68 man fraternity, and part of my job is communicating with all 68 members simultaneously through text message. Sometimes the texts need to be long. My original strategy was to add all of them into a new message, turn MMS and group messaging off, and send. However when the texts are of a certain length and need to be broken up by my phone, about 10 or 20 of the recipients, all with Iphones, receive the texts completely out of order. I've tried fixing this by splitting everyone up into 7 groups of ten or less and turning MMS on, but to no avail. Does anyone know how I can fix this or does anyone know of any applications that will do the mass texting for me? Previous VP of Comms told me that they've tried every application there is to try and none of them work. I have an Iphone 4s, jailbroken running IOS 5. Any suggestions?

Do you have iMessages turned on? if you all have iMessages turned on, it should display in the order it should be sent

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey guys,

I'm the Vice President of Communications for a 68 man fraternity, and part of my job is communicating with all 68 members simultaneously through text message. Sometimes the texts need to be long. My original strategy was to add all of them into a new message, turn MMS and group messaging off, and send. However when the texts are of a certain length and need to be broken up by my phone, about 10 or 20 of the recipients, all with Iphones, receive the texts completely out of order. I've tried fixing this by splitting everyone up into 7 groups of ten or less and turning MMS on, but to no avail. Does anyone know how I can fix this or does anyone know of any applications that will do the mass texting for me? Previous VP of Comms told me that they've tried every application there is to try and none of them work. I have an Iphone 4s, jailbroken running IOS 5. Any suggestions?
This isn't resolvable on the iPhone platform with any stock or Cydia app. I have the same needs as you. Can't get there from here. There are several PC/Mac softwares that do mass texting. But most people on my recipient list can decipher the two to three broken up messages just fine.

As long as MMS and Group Messaging is turned off in iMessage all works fine. With MMS and Group messaging turned on - for some strange reason you can't add any more than 10 recipients. AND people on non SmartPhones (old flip phones) will get an error message when trying to receive a group message (when MMS and Group turned on).

You're doing everything possible from iPhone for mass texts. Good job. Took me a long time researching this and in the end people who get the out of order 2 or 3 texts get my whole message.

My particular application of this is with 30 high school or middle school students on a field trip. I love being able to give orders to 30 kids at once!!

Last edited: