What's new

My iP5 is driving me Whacko!

Kensterfly

Reaction score
My phone is possessed. There's no telling what it will do. Twice in the past few days it has eliminated several apps that I use frequently. Sometimes, after it has been laying on the desk for a while I will pick it up to find that the screen has been zoomed in- something that should take the three finger pinch to do. Sometimes I click the home button and it will start playing a song from a play list- most likely a song I haven't played in months. Sometimes it opens up to a birthday calendar all on its own when I have no desire at all to check the birthday calendar. Today I had it in my shirt pocket and suddenly it starts playing a Youtube video that I have never seen or searched for.

It's driving me crazy! What the heck can be going on? I have rebooted it several times. I have synced it twice this week- and now have to do it again to get my missing apps back.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It may possibly have a defective touchscreen, generating spurious inputs. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you could take it in for a Genius Bar appointment to have a full diagnostic run.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator