What's new

iPhone 4S doesn't always remember last song

dcwebman

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S not jailbroken and running the latest OS 5. I listen to music, podcasts, or audiobooks which are in MP3 format primarily in my car. My car has a navigation system which has a special dock connector for the iPhone so when plugged in, the song and details will appear on the navigation screen and also allows controlling what else to play.

If I am listening to an audiobook for example, sometimes when I plug it in, the phone totally forgets where it was and just starts playing the very first music track I have in alphabetical order. It does not matter whether this is in the morning after an overnight charge or after a day at work. It happens about 10% of the time but it is frustrating. I have gotten to the point where before plugging the phone in, I open up the music player which is still showing the correct location, play a bit, then plug it in and that always works.

But are there any ideas how I can avoid this problem all the time without having to do this?

OP
D

dcwebman

Reaction score
Well iOS 6 didn't solve the problem. I also got zero replies here after waiting 2 weeks instead of a couple hours like one other poster who got blasted for being impatient because they wanted to know where a reply was.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a procedure which members are encouraged to use. If you waited 2 weeks for an answer, there was no need to do so. Here is the relevant rule. This one is the ipadforums version, but the rule is the same here.

Reminder - Rule 4.3 4.3. Do not “bump” a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion.Please review all our forum rules here

A PM to a moderator will at least get your question some attention. Things can, and do, get missed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

emelpenni

Reaction score
I am glad you asked this question, I too am very curious to see if there is a way for the iPhone to remember where it was left when disconnection from the car. I have tried a few "tricks and nothing works. Hope someone out there has some insight.