What's new

Mute Not Working When I Use Earbuds

StarfishCD

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 4S, iOS 8.1.3. Just found out today that even though my mute button on the phone screen shows as being "on", I was truly NOT muted. I was using my earbuds like I do quite often to take work conference calls.
Talk about mortified when I found out an audience of 50 could hear everything I was doing during a call today! I'm HOPING this wasn't happening all along! It seems to still work just fine when I'm not using the earbuds and have it on speaker.
Maybe something with the newer OS??
Thoughts?

Hi all,
I have a 4S, iOS 8.1.3. Just found out today that even though my mute button on the phone screen shows as being "on", I was truly NOT muted. I was using my earbuds like I do quite often to take work conference calls.
Talk about mortified when I found out an audience of 50 could hear everything I was doing during a call today! I'm HOPING this wasn't happening all along! It seems to still work just fine when I'm not using the earbuds and have it on speaker.
Maybe something with the newer OS??
Thoughts?

Have you tried it with a different set of earbuds?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

If a different set of buds doesn't solve it, reset the phone using the HOME and POWER button method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk