What's new

Volume control

richmondhillgal

Reaction score
Hello, This issue started yesterday. My iphone 4 3G will not ring or text tones will not go off. I have checked the volume and I can listen to music through the earbud and speakers. I did call someone and the vloume was half when listening through speakers. I did have to reinstall itunes because it wouldn't back up or sync. Thought I had it beat but then got 2 calls and the phone never rang, same with texts. I have checked the volume, all the way up, checked in ringtones, and it works there. I am getting annoyed now. I did a hard reset and that didn't work. I saw where I could do a total reset but that erases everything and to be honest, I am scared to do a total wipe. Since Iyunes is being such a pain. Any suggestions? I have not added, removed, upgraded recently for this to start now. I am on os 5.1 but that has been for months. I checked the mute button and flipped it off and on several times no change. Help

what about the mute switch at the side of the phone, the one on top of the physical volume keys? are you having it in the right position or you are having it in the silent position?

bab2010 said:
what about the mute switch at the side of the phone, the one on top of the physical volume keys? are you having it in the right position or you are having it in the silent position?

I flipped it several times. No luck then all of a sudden today it started working again. So weird but thank you! Love this site