What's new

Music Player not working after jailbreak

J

jpcamaro70

I just tried to play one of my two songs through my car via bluetooth only to realize they won't play. It's not the connection, pandora plays via BT with no issues. The ipod function (music player) loads perfectly, album art is shown and i can go back and forth between title, but they just wont play.

When i press play, the status bar doesn't even move, countdown or anything. Any ideas?

Try this

If you have itunes match and some time you can fix this issue without having to restore or re-sync. Just turn on itunes match Settings>Music
then set Show All Music to off. This will display only what has been downloaded to your phone. Then go into your Music app, sort by Artist and start swiping to delete. Repeat this for Albums/Songs if you have any that don't get out with the other deletions.
Now, you should have 0 songs...
go back into Settings>Music
turn off iTunes Match, then turn it back on. Turn 'Show All Music' on
go back into Music app; at this point it will start pulling your iTunes available songs. Download a song/album.

Worked for me

I don't have itunes match but i did do the other things you said, just deleted the music from the phone then copied them back over from itunes and now it works.