What's new

Playing music from the home page shortcut menu

jmt356

Reaction score
When my phone is hibernating and I press the home button, I come to a screen where, if I swipe upwards, a gray screen appears that gives me various options, including activating the flashlight and camera. On this page, the music player is active and pressing the Play button causes music to play.
However, I have noticed that every time I have tried to access the music player in this way, the same album always plays. I do not want that album, but rather, songs from my Pop playlist. That is the playlist that I usually access when going to the Music app directly, so I would expect it to play when playing music from the home screen shortcut. Is there a way to cause that playlist to play rather than the album that instead is always playing?

When my phone is hibernating and I press the home button, I come to a screen where, if I swipe upwards, a gray screen appears that gives me various options, including activating the flashlight and camera. On this page, the music player is active and pressing the Play button causes music to play.
However, I have noticed that every time I have tried to access the music player in this way, the same album always plays. I do not want that album, but rather, songs from my Pop playlist. That is the playlist that I usually access when going to the Music app directly, so I would expect it to play when playing music from the home screen shortcut. Is there a way to cause that playlist to play rather than the album that instead is always playing?
When I try it, what plays is usually the last thing that was played, not necessarily from the music app. I use the Audible app and sometimes an audiobook plays when I tap the play button in the Control Centre.

The only way for you to have full control over the music app is to open the app.

For me, rather than play the last song I listed to, it appears to pick the files that it plays randomly. And it does not seem to be playing songs in their order in my albums or Playlists; it is jumping around. Is this feature somewhere in settings?

For me, rather than play the last song I listed to, it appears to pick the files that it plays randomly. And it does not seem to be playing songs in their order in my albums or Playlists; it is jumping around. Is this feature somewhere in settings?
That may be a function of how long it has been since you last played a song in the music app. If it's been fairly recent, you're more likely to get the last song played. If it's been a longer time, you could get almost any song in your library.

My previous response was based on limited testing after having read your first post.