What's new

Move over Droid, iPhone 4 is coming.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone-with-Verizon-logo.jpg

The all so famous and mighty Droid lineup might be sharing the spotlight with a newcomer to Verizon. The wall Street Journal reported today that Apple will have an CDMA (Verizon) compatible iPhone available by the end of this year. This information aligns with the previously heard rumors that Verizon will be launching the iPhone first part of 2011.

Apple Inc. plans to begin mass producing a new iPhone by the end of 2010 that would allow Verizon Wireless to sell the smartphone early next year, said people briefed by Apple.

The new iPhone would be similar in design to the iPhone 4 currently sold by AT&T Inc. but would be based on an alternative wireless technology called CDMA used by Verizon, these people said. The phone, for which Qualcomm Inc. is providing a key chip, is expected to be released in the first quarter of next year, according to the same people.

Even though this report is coming from the WSJ, I'd still consider it pure rumor. Apple or Verizon has yet to announce or comment on any of this. Do you think this new iPhone would get any additional features over the current iPhone4?

Source: Apple Making Verizon-Ready iPhone by Year End - WSJ.com

So who thinks this is so? I've heard these rumors for years now. Verizon isn't the CDMA network out there..Would love for it to come...So f**king tired of the droid smartphones....I'm on verge of switching to ATT..

the iphone would be the only thing that would stop me from switching from Verizon.