What's new

Microsoft mocks Apple fans in a new Lumia ad

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

With all its efforts, Microsoft hasn’t been able to penetrate enough of the mobile market with any of its Windows Phone models. An aggressive strategy was needed to bring the Windows Phones into spotlight, even if for a brief while.

Following the above reasoning, Microsoft has just launched a new Nokia Lumia (which runs Windows Phone) commercial that aggressively and distinctively mocks Apple and Android fans.

The scenario is simple: We’re at a wedding and, of course, everybody is trying to take pictures of the newlyweds. Things start to ge​​t heated when a participant in the back shouts at a young hipsterish looking guest that’s taking pictures with a huge phone: “Excuse me, do you mind moving your enormous phone?”. His friend retaliates immediately: “You mean the enormously awesome Galaxy?”. From there, it escalates quickly: Android fans calling Apple lovers “iSheep” and being called “Copybots” in return.

A lady punching somebody and yelling “Auto-correct this”, while a scared gentleman is trying to get Siri to Google “karate”. Everybody is fighting with everybody.

In the midst of all the chaos, two waiters are shown with their Nokia Lumia phones. One of them asks “Do you think if they knew about the Nokia Lumia they would stop fighting all the time?”. The other one replies “I don’t know, I think they kinda like fighting”.

The video is trying to portray a very simple view of things, but Android and iOS' relationship is a very complex and unique one. However, if you’re looking for a quick laugh, it wouldn’t hurt to take a look.

Source: Forbes

Last edited by a moderator:
What's even funnier is that those two will have to clean the mess up.