What's new

Apple unleashing new product May 19th?

The thread is titled "Apple unleashing new product May 19th?". Today is the 20th, so what have they unleashed?

Nothing. according to skull we will see on the 22nd but i would be surprised if apple released something on a sunday

I don't believe this is an introduction of a new product. Nor do I think it is an update of an existing product. A Sunday event doesn't historically match up with anything for that matter. Plus I haven't seen anything in the SEC fillings.

Now there is, on the other hand, something very interesting happening on May 22nd though. Microsoft is starting a new "Back to School" campaign. Their hook is "Buy a Windows 7 based PC that costs more than $699 and you get a free Xbox 360". This campaign will last as long as they have remaining inventory of 360s allocated for this sales drive.

So that leaves us with two possible out comes.
1) Apple is going to unleash a new campaign to compete with it.
2) Apple is simply doing a store look and feel refresh, possibly providing enough hardware (iPads, iPod Touches and maybe even iPhones) to employees so that they are always walking the floor with a mobile product. A "lead by example" type campaign. Showing customers that if sales people use their own products every day, imagine what you could do with them.

But then again, this is all theoretical. I could be WAY OFF BASE on this one.

well when it comes to apple products everything is theoretical. apple try keep it all a huge secret