What's new

messed up iphone in recovery mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteyhd

Reaction score
Hi guys, I posted a previous thread where you can see my already existing problem, but things have taken a turn for the worse, so let me explain this as I really need something sorted out ASAP.

here's a quick run down:

SPECS:

Jailbroken iPhone 4s with evasi0n jailbreak for 6.0/6.1

Problem: Iphone stuck in recovery mode- showing the connect to itunes

how did I get into this problem: there was the original problem as listed in my preivous thread, however things have escalated. nothing worked to get out of the dimly it apple screen caused by installing a faulty programme- i don't have SSH or anything installed. THe solution I came up with myself was this- my laptop said I needed to update my iphone software to 6.1.3, so I thought doing so would mean my jailbreak would be wiped along with the faulty programme, giving me access to my phone again. In the process of updating it said i needed to back up my iphone, but I couldnt because it was passcode locked, and I couldn't unlock it because it was stuck on the boot screen ( a real bugger). Itunes said it could do it through an alternative method thoiugh, so I said okay, and then got an error message (6) during the software update and now its stuck on the recover screen

twists: I've tried tinyumbrella, iReb, Redsn0w, and forced restarts. I've tried a lot of programmes and nothing seems capable of kicking it out of recovery mode unless someone has any other programmes they would suggest or if i just keep on trying with my current programmes. Also, I don't have a backup on hand and I have a lot of very important stuff on there that I cannot lose, so is there anyway of getting everything back, with or without the jailbreak, without losing the data?

Thanks for all your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.