What's new

Mc605b iphone 4g factory unlocked not working

One more thing, i wanted contact the apple uk and entered my serial in this page ; https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

It says;

Please activate your iPhone

We are unable to display coverage details because your iPhone has not been activated.
Please contact your iPhone retailer or wireless carrier to activate your iPhone.

There are many places you can buy a pay as you go micro sim, seems like this phone is either not unlocked or there is a sim problem, this will tell you , also I dont know if its good to run jailbreak software on a factory unlocked phone!!

One more thing, i wanted contact the apple uk and entered my serial in this page ; https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

It says;

We are unable to display coverage details because your iPhone has not been activated.
Please contact your iPhone retailer or wireless carrier to activate your iPhone.

you dit not even activate it??????

It says;

you dit not even activate it??????

I put a micro sim kart ( Which is a Vodafone micro sim kart my wife is currently using on her iphone ) And connect it to the PC and opened the itunes. But it didn't work.

Is there anyway to activate it ? :confused:

where did you get the micro sim card? did you et a normal size one and cut it yourself?

also make sure she has the latest version of itunes but it should activate within seconds after plugging it in to the pc or possibly try on another machine or with another carrier

where did you get the micro sim card? did you et a normal size one and cut it yourself?

also make sure she has the latest version of itunes but it should activate within seconds after plugging it in to the pc or possibly try on another machine or with another carrier

No the one i tried was orginal micro sim kart from Vodafone. When i installed that sim phone says not a valid sim card.

So you think if i try with another carrier's sim it might have work ?

Even won't be needing turbo sim ha, is that wright ?

No the one i tried was orginal micro sim kart from Vodafone. When i installed that sim phone says not a valid sim card.

So you think if i try with another carrier's sim it might have work ?

Even won't be needing turbo sim ha, is that wright ?

Yes try another carrier sim card. It could be the card. There is no understanding how a factory unlocked phone happen to be locked and then unlocked by a turbo sim. You might be doing something wrong maybe.

i would talk to your carrier also, then try activate the iphone on another machine this time with out a sim card inside

i would talk to your carrier also, then try activate the iphone on another machine this time with out a sim card inside

Is there anyway to check from serial ( 87029TH4A4T ) unlock or not ? And is there any contract on the phone...

Plus i paid 50 GBP turbo sim and service money. If i try with another sim first i need to restor from itunes. If it is not work, i will loose my setup and have to pay 50 GBP again.

Just want to make sure that i am going to do the wright thing.

This process is being very stressfull for me ...

Is there anyway to check from serial ( 87029TH4A4T ) unlock or not ? And is there any contract on the phone...

Plus i paid 50 GBP turbo sim and service money. If i try with another sim first i need to restor from itunes. If it is not work, i will loose my setup and have to pay 50 GBP again.

Just want to make sure that i am going to do the wright thing.

This process is being very stressfull for me ...

Well then... I would advice to stay away for more investigation about why it's locked then since you are not ready to go through the pain again and spend extra money again in case all fail. Since the phone is working well now, use it that way until you happen to have a major issue with it, then you can plunge back in finding out the truth about your phone.