What's new

Mc605b iphone 4g factory unlocked not working

AnasonPascha

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a 32 GB Apple iPhone 4 MC605B Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 running IOS Version 4.3.3 (8J2), 10.0 Modem, Firmware 04.10.01.

I bought this phone from Ebay Uk store...

When the phone arrived the package looked like not orjinall to me.
And there was bubbles between phone screen and protection film.
He told me phone was brand new and factory unlocked.

So i put my Vodafone carrier mini sim kart and i got this message;

"No SIM card installed
Insert valid SIM with no PIN lock
to activate the phone" message."

And itunes was showing this;

Capture1.jpg

So i thought my phone is not unlocked. I restored with i tunes and got the same messages again.

So i check out the web and found ;

redsn0w.exe software and iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw version firmware.

So i followed the instructions and finally could reach the main screen and the menus.

But still didn't work with my Turkish mini vodafone sim kart.

I really know what to, could you guys give me an idea please...?

Thank you very much...

SLM! and no im not turkish ;p

but maybe there is a problem with the sim you are trying to use? did you cut it down to size yourself? also if you go to Apple (United Kingdom) and contact them you could give them the serial and make sure it is factory unlocked and a real legit iphone, also you could use sn0wbreeze forecast app that will tell you information also

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones mac and windows versions available.

My sim card is okey. I checked also with another sim card.

I think the seller bought this phone with contract. I went to a iphone service yesterday.
They did put a turbo sim card with my sim kart to the phone.
Now it works.
But i better not turn of the phone.
Opening process is really complicated.
First you open the phone and wait 15 seconds and there is " accept" menu will come.
Affter accept you should dial 112 ( emergency call number ) 2 seconds and hang up
Press the main button, than seetings, turn off and turn on airplane mode.
Wait until No service goes and than turn off and turn on airplane mode.
No Sim or wrong sim menu will come. Press OK and wait... Bluh Bluh Bluh...
Than finally Vodafone...

OMG what a process ...

I really don't understand why i should use this turbo sim. There is allready a jailbreak for 4.3.3 wright. I can also jailbreak the phone with ;

redsn0w.exe software and iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw version firmware

So why still i need this turbo sim ?

Could some one explane it to me.

I use the phone in Istanbul / Turkey with Vodafone ...

well if its factory unlocked it should work with out the need of a turbo sim, so i would contact the seller and tell him to take back his locked iphone, find some one else for a real factory unlocked device. contact apple uk just to make sure though they can tell you if its locked to a network or not

The seller cheated you. If you are not satisfy with it having to use turbo sim all the time then engage a talk with the seller.

The seller cheated you. If you are not satisfy with it having to use turbo sim all the time then engage a talk with the seller.

He should for sure say something! Because he was sd the device and told its factory unlocked. He probably paid extra for it as well

He should for sure say something! Because he was sd the device and told its factory unlocked. He probably paid extra for it as well

Sure he paid extra for it, only to find out that it wasn't an unlocked idevice. Damn it! those sellers:(

I found this on another forum. I know it's too late late for the OP but hopfully it will help someone out in future.

Factory Unlocked Models:

Australia
MC603X/A – 16GB Black
MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Canada
MC603C/A – 16GB Black
MC605C/A – 32GB Black

France
MC603FB/A – 16GB Black
MC605FB/A – 32GB Black

Hong Kong
MC605ZP/A – 32GB Black
MC603ZP/A – 16GB Black

Italy
MC603IP/A – 16GB Black
MC605IP/A – 32GB Black

New Zealand
MC603X/A – 16GB Black
MC605X/A – 32GB Black

Singapore
MC603ZA/A – 16GB Black
MC605ZA/A – 32GB Black

Sweden
MC603KS/A – 16GB Black
MC605KS/A – 32GB Black

United Kingdom
MC603B/A – 16GB Black
MC605B/A – 32GB Black

Don't quote me on these. As I said I found them on another forum after googling how to find out how to tell factory unlocked iPhones apart. According to the list the OP should have a factory unlocked phone...

so its showing as factory unlocked but i wonder why it does not accept the sim cards

How is turbo sim unlocking a factory unlocked phone then? I bet that list Is not accurate, or there is really something weird going on with the phone, because somehow according to your list my phone is correct and factory unlock.

Last edited:
I can't confirm or deny the list but I can say it was posted on the apple support forums...

Well I have no understanding of how an factory unlocked iPhone can end up locked to acarrier, that what I'm wondering. As for the list it seems good though after some googling and baiduing.

my guess is that the guy had his IMEI blocked in the uk ? thats why i think he should ring apple uk and ask

I've done a bit more googling and it seems apple did have a list of factory unlocked model numbers on their website. It's since been removed but I think it's the list I have up there.

If the IMEI was blocked he wouldn't be able to use any sim. Turbo/gevey sim or not...

well if its factory unlocked it should work with out the need of a turbo sim, so i would contact the seller and tell him to take back his locked iphone, find some one else for a real factory unlocked device. contact apple uk just to make sure though they can tell you if its locked to a network or not

When the phone first arrive i wrote this to the dealer;

Dear mondaytomonday,

Hi,
The phone arrived. But unfortunately i can't accept this deal. The
package is not orginal. There are bubbles between protection clear film and
screen.
I will return your phone back please give me your
adress.

Sincerely,

-gs1150cco

He wrote this to me ;

Dear gs1150cco,

I would not know as the phone was never opened. It was sent directly from the manufacturer to myself, I have full proof of this and a complete paper trail including tracking numbers of both packages, invoices and IMEI numbers. I don't know what sort of game your playing but I can see you trying to do something under hand. The phone was brand new and as such I refuse to accept it back now that you have opened.

If you want to discuss this further I will come and visit you and we can talk face to face. Let me know if this would help as in my experience trying to have a meaningful conversation over email usually ends in frustration and in an inability to get th epoint over.

best regards

- mondaytomonday

After this e-mail i claim to e-bay and open a case for this but they didn't even return me.

This is the dealer in ebay.co.uk ; eBay My World - mondaytomonday

This was the link in ebay.co.uk; Apple iPhone 4 Black (32GB) Mobile Phone on eBay (end time 22-May-11 10:00:56 BST)

This is my iphone serial number : 87029TH4A4T

If you could help me i would be very happy mate.

I paid for this 32 GB 522 GBP.