What's new

Make Sprint iPhone think it's on Verizon

bassguitarded

Reaction score
I fired Verizon as they were going to force me off of my grandfathered Unlimited Data plan. Sprint still offers it, but in my area is 3G only. I know with Android there is a way after rooting to trick the phone into thinking it is on a different carriers network. Is there a way (after jail breaking) to do the same for iPhone?

As you're talking about jailbroken functions, I've moved your post to the iPhone Jailbreaking Forum.

If you're tricking your phone to think it's on Verizon, but you're no longer a customer there, I feel this would fall within the realm of theft of services. Just my $0.02.

If you're tricking your phone to think it's on Verizon, but you're no longer a customer there, I feel this would fall within the realm of theft of services. Just my $0.02.

No I believe he's trying to make his phone think that it's on Verizon but actually getting its service from Sprint, probably because the phone is still locked to Verizon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

No I believe he's trying to make his phone think that it's on Verizon but actually getting its service from Sprint, probably because the phone is still locked to Verizon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Oh, ok, I see. I stand corrected :)

Correct. I will be purchasing Sprint service, just want it to see the VZW network.
I'm afraid that you're going to have to find a way to unlock your Verizon iPhone before using it on the Sprint network. There's no way to spoof a locked iPhone into thinking it's on another network.

Have fun with sprint. They have the worst service I've ever experienced. I switched to Verizon. I don't even care that I don't have unlimited data anymore either because it's worth it. I get better call quality with one bar on Verizon than 4 bars on sprint. And the data speeds on Verizon blow sprint out of the water. I never got over 1.5mbps on 3G with sprint. Colorado, Nevada, Arizona. Never over 1.5..... And they're 4g was garbage too. Most of the time I was only hitting 3-4mbps. Verizon 3G is faster than sprint 4g lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk