What's new

Just want to make sure I understand

nufan

Reaction score
This Christmas I want to get my Girlfriend a tablet. She normally works out in rural areas where wi-fi is not accessible, but she get cell service. Her carrier rapes customers on data plans and since she is grandfathered in on an unlimited data plan, she doesn't wanna change.
If I jail break her iPhone 4 (not 4S) running 6.0.1 will I be able to get a program for her to use the iPhone as a hotspot for the tablet?

thank you

You can but you'll need to pay for it. Don't pirate the tethering apps please, since the developers do put time and effort into it. I recommend PDAnet since they do a better job of hiding tethering data tab MyWi does after about 5GB of data

I will gladly pay for the app. i just don't think she should be forced in to paying into a data plan when she has unlimited on her phone and it really will be used just for her tablet when wi-fi is unavailable.
I have used PDA net when I had an EVO and worked well. They make a wireless version for jailbroken iPhones?

Yup. But the charge isn't for data itself per say, it's for tethering data. Carriers charge by the GB for tethering data usage, so if you're using MyWi from Cydia, it might not hide it completely. PDAnet I know works pretty well in hiding your tethering data, so that you don't have to pay the fees for it. The app does cost 15$ I believe?