What's new

Any Sprint users here?

Supahrob said:
I dunno - I left Verizon in order to get unthrottled and unlimited data at a good price. I got that, and I am happy... About THAT.

The problem is, Sprints network is SLOOOOOOOWWWWW! It's slow nationwide. Compared to Verizon, sprint speeds are pathetic. What's worse is most sprint employees are either clueless about this or they are downright lying about it - as very few of them will admit to the slow speeds.

So u will get unlimited data, u will save money - but u WILL have very slow data speeds over 3G.

Take care,
Rob

Although I decided to stick with Verizon because of discounts and grandfathered unlimited data and SMS plan which gave Verizon the edge, Sprint is actually a tad faster near my home. I noticed it when i compared my work (Sprint) phone with my personal (Verizon) service. It really depends on your location.

FWIW, if I get the iPhone 5 (which should support 4G), I will once again reconsider Sprint.

The nice thing about the 4g phone is that your internet provider for home always kicks in "wi fi" when you are in your home when you leave your premises your phone automatically goes back to 3g setting. Down load the free speed check and note the speeds during both connections. Interesting way to determine whats best for you !
I have 32g 4s with Sprint for 20 yrs....

badboy said:
The nice thing about the 4g phone is that your internet provider for home always kicks in "wi fi" when you are in your home when you leave your premises your phone automatically goes back to 3g setting. Down load the free speed check and note the speeds during both connections. Interesting way to determine whats best for you !
I have 32g 4s with Sprint for 20 yrs....

Do you mean 4S phone? My iPhone 4S does this with my home wifi and 3G network.

Speed at home - 10 to 12 Mb/s
Speed on 3G - .400 to 1.2 Mb/s

How does Sprint compare?

(Odd that get 25-30 Mb/s on my iPad at home. Why is the iPhone slower?)

I don't hate Sprint - but it IS slow. Very slow. Like I said before, it's a nationwide problem. I can't post links here (rules) but if you go to the Sprint site, there is a 13+ page thread of people all across the nation posting about bad speeds. The average speed is .22Mpbs - it's not 100%, some people say it's fine. But the people who post that the speed is fine are such a small amount as to be statistically insignificant. It's just a fact - the majority of those posting regarding sprint speeds are complaining of horrendously slow speeds. Now, I know - satisfied customers usually stay quiet... at least that's the marketing cliche. But the difference between Sprint and Verizon is amazing.

I like the unlimited data - and the price is good. For that reason, I will tolerate the slow speeds (and I am hoping sprint will work on their network) - but if Verizon ever goes back to "unlimited data" for a reasonable price, then I am comin home to "Big Red" - but I doubt Verizon will do that. They have the fastest network and they know it - I think they will continue to leverage that to justify the fact that they also have the highest prices.

I have made peace with Sprints terrible speeds. I can surf the internet, I can stream audio (steaming video is just not possible for me - and many many other sprint users), I can text, I can call - the signal is fairly reliable. I will be staying with Sprint due to the unlimted data and price. To ME, it's just good enough to be worth it, but just bad enough to let people know when they ask.

I aint trying to warn anyone away, just tryin to be honest about what you may be getting yourself into - and the odds seem to indicate that you WILL have slow speeds. Again, I know - I know - some people are doin just fine. You may do fine as well - but search the web... the odds are against ya :(

But it is TRULY unlimited, and the price is VERY nice. That's good enough for me right now.

Take care,
Rob