What's new

major reception issues

9tjc

Reaction score
hi all,
i will be quick and try and not bore you,i have had an i phone 4 since 2 weeks after they became available.to be honnest i have never experience a phone with such bad reception (yes its in an apple approved case and i have tried a couple of others made by spec).i can be sitting in my sitting room on the phone for 2-5 minutes then i just get cut off due to lack of signal,i am an hgv driver and am well aware of bad areas and accept this but my i phone is chronic.i love the ease of use and all the functions etc but ffs its a phone that is literally useless as a phone.what made me post this was the straw that broke the cammels back was the fact that my cousin bought one 2 weeks ago and complained about these very same issues also said he keeps getting voicemails 2 hours after they were left and many people saying i have been trying you all day but i just either get awnser machine or "unable to connect" i also have these last to symptoms including text messages arriving 4 hours after being sent.
does anybody have any ideas as i am sick to the back teeth of this useless product.
any advice appreciated.
regards 9tjc

I had the exact same thing on my 3GS. Well all 7 or 8 of them to be precise. Lol. I could be writing out a text on the couch with 2 or 3 bars then by the time if finished writing it 'searching...' would apear. Would just have to wait a minute or two get it back.

I tried everything to fix it. Resetting network settings now and again and turning airplane mode on and off helped slightly. The only other thing I can suggest is buying a case designed to help the signal issues. There's a good one here but I don't know if it ever got put into production...

I had the exact same thing on my 3GS. Well all 7 or 8 of them to be precise. Lol. I could be writing out a text on the couch with 2 or 3 bars then by the time if finished writing it 'searching...' would apear. Would just have to wait a minute or two get it back.

I tried everything to fix it. Resetting network settings now and again and turning airplane mode on and off helped slightly. The only other thing I can suggest is buying a case designed to help the signal issues. There's a good one here but I don't know if it ever got put into production...
my problem is that i have now spent close to 50 quid on cases and each one recommended by apple.but still just the same.my wife has a 3gs we are both on 02 but i can not use my phone at home but she can.just tried to log a complaint/help request on apples site and after an hour i have given up, they want me to pay for an extended warranty or pay for a 1 off repair request.i now think these phones are xxxte and if nobody can come up with a gaurnteed awnser that works i will never have another apple product in this house,seems a shame as i like the rest of handset.i personally think apples website is useless and sums them up perfectly.
best bit was i was just about to order another 4 to replace my wifes 3gs.i have been warned not to bother as she reckons the 3gs was a good phone but the 4 is just a failure.i have been looking around and there seems to be a very large number of people with same issues as me. possibly due to the fact i received 1 of the first shipments which clearly had major issues but apple couldnt afford to pull out due to obvious reasons.please please if anybody knows anything else which may cure it please put me out my £600 misery