What's new

proximity sensor again!!! help please

9tjc

Reaction score
hi
iam disgusted after buying my wife a 4 32gb 2 days ago. it still has the same proximity issues i had when i bought mine last launch date. i accept teething issues nut how does apple get away with sending out £600 handsets that are not capable of making phone calls
i have apent £1200 in last 9 moths on 2 handsets and can tell you now i have never felt so shafted in my life buy such a well know so called brand leader.customer service sucks.unless somebody on here is more knoledgeable than apple and can help me they will be getting the latest one back and i will move on to possibly a blackberry.i use a blackberry at work and i am a driver.if i have an important or long call i use blackberry as i know i will be cut off without doubt.FACT!!!. if anybody can help reference the proximity issues on the 4 i would really appreciate it.the problems we are having as when holding phone to ear we both press facetime or mute or end call with our ears unitentionaly.
any help would be really really appreciated.
regards 9tjc

Sorry to hear about your proximity issues. My iPhone 4s (two) don't have these problems, so it's not a iP4 problem overall, but may be a local issue, somehow. In any case, can't you simply return the phone, or go back to the dealer, and exchange it for one that works correctly? When in the store, try the new unit out and make sure it works. I'd be interested in how this turns out for you. Good luck....