What's new

Proximity Sensor

iflyhi22002

Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with the proximity sensor? I replaced my first iPhone 4 the week after I got it at the apple store, now second one is doing the same thing after a week. It places people on mute, hold, hangs up on them, and starts apps..all while talking to them. I have noticed just the slightest movement of my head turns the screen on and activates the screen. I've tried with a case, without, screen protectors, etc.
I really want to keep this phone, but I can't deal with this. I had the 3GS before and never had a single issue...help!! :mad:

Yes..4.1 (8B117)
That's the first thing they checked when I returned the first one. I've also done the reset routine as well.

Last edited:
I had the problem before and after the 4.1 update. Then called Apple Care and they said to reset the phone, and I did. But haven't used the phone enough to really test it out. I'll update you guys after I test it more.

My wife had MAJOR issues with the sensor before the update. After the update, she hadn't had any issues with it so far. She held it (Between cheek and Shoulder) as she did before, and noticed significant improvements. I can tell because she isn't screaming about now like she did before ;).