What's new

Proximity sensor doesn't work???

TechnoPancake

Reaction score
I am new to iOS (got tired of android resetting on me even if I looked at it funny lol) but this shouldn't be related to the software, my issue seems more hardware related...

whenever I am on a call, the proximity sensor doesn't appear to work and the screen stays on during a call (resulting in numerous accidental mute call and initiate face time presses)

I've already tried soft resetting but no luck. I was using a case and invisible shield, so I tried it again without those in the way but again to no avail.

Its worth noting that I have the 16gb white iPhone 4 for Verizon.

Has anyone else had this problem, and what I can do to fix it? Any help is appreciated.

(here is my obligatory new user, "im gonna stick a cool little picture in my post." part)

:iphone4vert:

:3

Have you already try to reset all your settings? Go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings.
If that doesn't work restore the iOS using iTunes see if that helps, else, then go to apple store.

I had a similar issue with the proximity sensor as well. The solution was to remove the clear plastic screen cover which the Verizon salesman put on the screen.