What's new

big problems...please help.

anthony31188

Reaction score
hey guys I've had my iphone 4 for a little over a month and have run into some recent big issues. Thanks for any help that you can give.

First problem is the most important....i have NO reception all of a sudden. The first month I've had the phone I had great reception and never a problem sending a text message. All of a sudden the past two days all I have is "searching" or "no service" most of the time....then all of a sudden I'll get a few bars and I'll get all my texts from the past hour at once. And when I try to send a text I keep getting "message failure" and i have to try sending it a few more times until it goes through. Keep in mind this is all happening in my house in the same place that I had perfect reception the whole first month I've had my phone! I've reset the phone and done the network reset and all that jazz and still it's been a poblem for 2 days and doesnt look like its going to fix itself. :(

Second problem is.....itunes keeps deleting my contacts! I got a new laptop and it keeps trying to sync my phone with outlook which I have 0 contacts stored in. So when I plug in my phone it turns my 250 contacts into 0 contacts because that's what my outlook has. I unchecked the button that says sync contacts and sync outlook and even went into preferences and made it so the phone wouldnt sync automatically and still every time i plug it into my computer it deletes all my contacts and to get them back I have to right click on the phone in itunes and restore it to get them all back. Any way to prevent this??

Thanks guys for any help! this stuff is driving me insane!

For your first problem, does this only happen in your house, or everywhere you go. If it's only at home it might not be your phone at all. Could be a bad cell phone tower. For that you would have to call your cell phone carrier and explain your issue.
Now if this problem is everywhere you go then you might have a hardware issue which should be covered by your warranty.

the strange thing is that it only happens inside my house! The first 30 days I had the phone i had perfect reception and no problems and now all of a sudden only in my house I cant do ANYTHING...i cant make a phone call for more then a minute or two and I have to send texts 3 or 4 times until they come through. I can't even call at&t because like I said I can't make calls for more then a minute and I don't have a house phone. How could this happen all of a sudden??