What's new

Multiple problems... please help!

MAllegri

Reaction score
First.... I apologize, I am an intelligent person, but not when it comes to this stuff. I have an iphone 4s. Awhile back I synced my phone, which I admit I rarely do. I thought Syncing was to put onto iTunes all the new changes I've made to my phone so the info would be stored there incase something happened to my phone. Well, when I synced it, it loaded TO my iphone ALL the photos that I had on my computer that we're downloaded from my kodak camera...and there are a TON of photos. It created several albums and sorted them. Unlike the photos I take with my iPhone, which I am able to delete, I don't see that option. I've tried deleting the albums and I've tried deleting the photos individually (which would take forever, but I tried) and that doesn't work. The option isn't even there, like it is for the pics I take with the phone. My phone now sends me messages from time to time telling that I've almost used all of the storage on the phone. I know it's from the photos because I really don't have near the amount of apps as most people. When I just plugged my phone into the computer and logged into itunes, I can see the usage and it's definitely the photos that are the problem, but I don't see on itunes how to delete them either.

ALSO... earlier I went on my phone and deleted iCloud and it's contents. I THOUGHT (sorry) that iCloud was like having a second little file where all of your info on your phone was stored for a second time. I thought that my be contributing to my phone using too much storage. That was before I just connected it to iTunes and see now the photos are the issue. Anyway, when I deleted iCloud, it deleted ALL of my contacts!!!! I had so many personal and work numbers in there, my son's physician's, etc. Important numbers. So upsetting. As we speak, I'm trying to update my phone, as it said it needed it when I plugged it in, and restore it. Hoping that will cause my contacts to return. But, I've probably added several since I last backed it up. At least it will help tho.

Anyone able to tell me how to get these photos off my phone? Also, am I doing the right thing to get my contacts back?

Thank you!
Melissa

Okay... restoring my phone gave me my contacts back!!! YAY!! So, how do I get these photos deleted?? Anyone???

In itunes, select your phone form the left hand side of itunes....then at the top of the sreen where is list the different secitons (apps, muics, photos and such) or to photos...UNCHECK sync photos....

MAllegri, your iTunes problem is not isolated. Many people (me too) have lost a LOT using that barbaric program and its (again) barbaric "synch" function. I have never been able to figure out just what "synching" actually does, other than deleting gobs of good stuff on my iPhone. Welcome to the ever-growing club.

Well iTunes could be great pain in the ***, if you don't know, how to use it. I use it only when I have to. For the rest iTools or iFunBox always.
About photos, well that's not that difficult. Create new folder on your PC, where you want to store photos taken with your iPhone. Connect your phone to iTunes. Klick on phone, than go to photos, iTunes gives you a choice of with which folder on your PC do you want to sync your photos with. Choose the new created one and it will never mess up again with anything else.