What's new

Mac book pro Or Mac book air?

CHEN

Reaction score
Hello guys! Im having a macbook for my birthday and i cant decide on what to get should i get the pro with retina display or the air? I love the fact that the retina has longer battery life and its amazing to watch movies and the air is incredibly thin and very transportable. Please help me decide i appreciate your kindness thank you so much

I have a macbook pro,i chose that as it has a disc drive and because i just thought it had the edge over the Air,it is a little heavier though,as you say Air is very transportable,i would still choose a pro though when i next change.

Do you have a price range? The Retina MacBook is almost twice as much as the Air. What will you use a MacBook for?

Sent from my HTC One S

The MBP w/ Retina display is gonna run you AT LEAST twice as much as the MBA. However, you're going to get quite a bit more bang out of the MBP. The only benefit you'll have w/ the MBA is how light it is, and of course the 1/2 price difference.

Thank you so much for answering my question. Maybe i will go tih MBA cause a MBPRD is very expensive and twice the MBA :))) and i will only use it for school. thank you guys!

Thank you so much for answering my question. Maybe i will go tih MBA cause a MBPRD is very expensive and twice the MBA :))) and i will only use it for school. thank you guys!

I would get the 13" Air. The 11" Air is just too small, in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One S

I would get the 15 inch Mbps retina display as it is also very thin and 13 inch display is very small and it's not easy to multi task properly but the retina display is as thin as the thick end of the mob which in my opinion is perfect but it can't hurt to go into your local apple store and try them both out nd see what one suits your needs more

Hehe yeah but back on topic the MacBook pro has a nice thin slick design and much better specs then the air I think the air is too thin but. Maybe you might feel different to how you do now when you hold both macs in your hand

Unleashed said:
Hehe yeah but back on topic the MacBook pro has a nice thin slick design and much better specs then the air I think the air is too thin but. Maybe you might feel different to how you do now when you hold both macs in your hand

I have the 13" MacBook Air, personally I don't find it too thin although you can chop vegetables with it!

The Archangel

I have the 13" MacBook Air, personally I don't find it too thin although you can chop vegetables with it!

The Archangel

Also the 13 inch screen makes it annoying to multi task properly but the air is a very good laptop as well light and good for travel like the 13 inch mbp but much lighter..

I would say if you need higher specs then go with the pro if not then the air since with the mbp you can customise it up to 16gb ram and 2.7 ghz processor boostable up to 3.7 with a 1gb nvidia graphics card so it's good that it does not use amd

Benefit of MacBook Pro is you can configure it to the max. The largest SSD and plenty of memory because once any Apple device is bought you cannot upgrade it! So higher you have spec'd it the better as it will last longer.