What's new

Lost or stolen please help me

munski

Reaction score
Hello. I bought a Iphone 4 off of craigslist last night and it turns out that the phone is on the lost/stolen list. I paid 360$ and I really want to find and murder this guy because he isn't picking up his phone. Is there anyway that I can use this brand new phone? OR is there even a method as to finding this guy using his phone number?

munski said:
Hello. I bought a Iphone 4 off of craigslist last night and it turns out that the phone is on the lost/stolen list. I paid 360$ and I really want to find and murder this guy because he isn't picking up his phone. Is there anyway that I can use this brand new phone? OR is there even a method as to finding this guy using his phone number?

Sorry for your troubles Phone number he used is probably not registered Normally its only blocked in its home country :( :(

Last edited:
It is GSM? If so, who cares? Swap out the sim card and rock out. AT&T doesn't blacklist handsets. The only issue you could have is of there was a police report filed..then you really have accepted stolen goods. If its blacklisted on Verizon, yeah, you're kinda SOL...you bought a paperweight.

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using Tapatalk

munski said:
Hello. I bought a Iphone 4 off of craigslist last night and it turns out that the phone is on the lost/stolen list.

Where can one find this list?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

sprof said:
Where can one find this list?

Only the carriers have these lists i would say

Dude your kinda screwed. I would take it to the carrier itself (AT&T store, Verizon store, sprint store) and tell them about it. If. The sim is still in there, they can track it. I believe that they can also track it to the purchaser by the IMEI, and so you can then kill him. Just remember not to tell the store that you want to kill him.

It is GSM? If so, who cares? Swap out the sim card and rock out. AT&T doesn't blacklist handsets. The only issue you could have is of there was a police report filed..then you really have accepted stolen goods. If its blacklisted on Verizon, yeah, you're kinda SOL...you bought a paperweight.

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Not necessarily....just a really expensive ipod lol