What's new

Lost my Hotspot

Alkali

Reaction score
I have upgraded my iphone 4 software and am enjoying the wonderful new feature HOTSPOT but for an unknown reason it has disappeard from my phone! I just cannot locate it. I reset my phone to default but that did not help!Help please and thanks.

Maybe a factory restore will bring it back? Try a factory restore.

Bab if you read above,i have done that b

I was talking about the factory restore which is done via iTunes. If you have done that and can't find back the hotspot then it's gone and gone, there is nothing sleds you can do to bring it back unless you get a hotspot app from cydia.

I was talking about the factory restore which is done via iTunes. If you have done that and can't find back the hotspot then it's gone and gone, there is nothing sleds you can do to bring it back unless you get a hotspot app from cydia.
Thanks but Bab if i do that my folders will all be gone the way they are arrange in fages and will take me hrs to put back and that's something i hate to do, moreso i learnt from other forums my problem is a network enable thing that's why in Egypt it's allowed but back home hear my network does not allowed and that's why i am not seeing the personal Hotspot.

Last edited:

Thanks but Bab if i do that my folders will all be gone the way they are arrange in fages and will take me hrs to put back and that's something i hate to do, moreso i learnt from other forums my problem is a network enable thing that's why in Egypt it's allowed but back home hear my network does not allowed and that's why i am not seeing the personal Hotspot.

Well then you know the base reasons of the hotspot missing on your phone.
As for your apps, yes you will need to reorganize them, even though I think that you can easily jailbreak using redsnow and it will not mess up at all any of your folders or settings, but since you've never done it before you would better be ready to spend hours to set back your folders before you can do the jailbreak. After jailbreak, you can get mywi from cydia and tether where ever you are, provide you have a data package connection, and network signals.

Thanks but i always feel afraid of jail breaking,a friend did it recently and totally messed up his 3G iPhone so that the way it is. I would love to do it but 'am afraid of messing my beautiful ip4. The problem is there are million of ways to do it but the best thru Dev Team and that's where he lost his phone, see?

Thanks but i always feel afraid of jail breaking,a friend did it recently and totally messed up his 3G iPhone so that the way it is. I would love to do it but 'am afraid of messing my beautiful ip4. The problem is there are million of ways to do it but the best thru Dev Team and that's where he lost his phone, see?

I see, just stay away from it then.

Bab, Just for talking sake which is the best way to take the plunge? My wife is always on my neck to jail break her iPhone but I always said to wait.

Bab, Just for talking sake which is the best way to take the plunge? My wife is always on my neck to jail break her iPhone but I always said to wait.

iOS version? Baseband? Using redsnow is very easy and fast thou.

And if we decide to do, where do we start and incase something goes wrong, can we revert?

And if we decide to do, where do we start and incase something goes wrong, can we revert?

You should start by getting to know some informations about your iPhones. Informations like
1- what is the firmware version
2- what is the baseband version
3- the type of computer you have (redsnow tool for Mac and windows) snowbreeze for windows/ pwnage tool for Mac.
4- back up your iPhones files using iTunes.
5- update your iTunes version to the latest one.

If something goes wrong during the jailbreaking, you can always use iTunes to revert back to factory restore.