What's new

Problems with Wifi Hotspot

BruceGraham

Reaction score
Just started using my new 4S. Works great, except for this one issue. One of the reasons I upgraded from 3GS was to use the wifi hotspot, but it doesn't work for me. I have an Ipad, a laptop and a desktop. They can all see the signal from my hotspot, but none of them can connect. After looking at posts on Apple's forums there seems to be lots of problems with wifi on the 4S. My incoming wifi to the phone works ok, but the hotspot is a dud. anyone else have this problem?

Maybe stupid question but do you have the hotspot subscription on your cell plan? Most if not all major carriers have eliminated free wifi hotspot capability.

Yep, checked that with the carrier. I've discovered that I can connect with my Ipad by keeping the discover screen open while I connect (quickly), and strangely, works with my kindle. However no success with laptop or desktop. They can see the hotspot signal but unable to connect. It has to be something strange with the iphone wifi signal. I've used all sorts of wifi modems, plus portable wifi hotspots and never had trouble before this. I even had a jailbreak 3GS with a third party hotspot installed. that worked perfectly. I gues I will have to wait for the IOS update to see if Apple fix it.

Hi,

Im having the exact same issue, have you found a resolution to the problem?

Thanks..