What's new

Lost all contact names!! Please help

Peeshder

Reaction score
Hi everybody, thanks for having me on here

I've just lost all my contact names on my iPhone 6; numbers are displayed but no contact names.
It doesn't even let me access the 'contacts' screen on the 'phone' app.
I've tried to find an archive on on the iCloud web page after logging in with my apple ID, but to no avail (see screenshot).

I've gone to settings>contacts>accounts and ticked each account, but no luck either

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 667
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Force close the Contacts app on your iPhone, also force close Messages.

If that doesn’t fix it, go to one of your contacts, and “edit” it - just tap Edit, don’t do anything, and save your “changes”. That done, turn off your iPhone, and turn it on again.

And one more suggestion, if the contact names refuse to appear: go to Settings on your iPhone - Contacts - Short Name. Disable it, then enable it again.

Hope that helps.

"If that doesn’t fix it, go to one of your contacts, and “edit” it - just tap Edit, don’t do anything, and save your “changes”. That done, turn off your iPhone, and turn it on again."

Brilliant! It works, thanks! :D

As a side note there are Apple where it will back up your contact then email them. Can’t remember the name of the app but it’s a start.

As a side note there are Apple where it will back up your contact then email them. Can’t remember the name of the app but it’s a start.
Don't trust your contact list with a 3rd party app. You can easily export your entire iCloud contact list on a computer and import it to any popular email client as needed.