What's new

Losing my Mind, iphone 3gs restore issues...

bgreen25

Reaction score
hiya guys, quick issue....i tried to tether jb ios5 a few weeks ago and even though the process went fine...i was left with a 3 app folder...on my main screen that had a blank cydia app in it...everytime it was loaded it would immediately crash.....i figured it was probably cause it was a tether jb...and i never used a tethered jb so i just ignored it....so then i hear the redsnow untethered release came out recently so i went back to do that....after multiple jb'ing attempts all of them went through with no problems...i still had the useless cydia folder on the phone and it would still crash, so i figured let me restore to a factory ios5 and start over.....thats when the issues started lol....

got hit with a -3194 error.....

tried restoring in dfu mode to get rid of that.....

got hit with a -2005 error.....

used tiny umbrella to get rid of that.....

now i get hit with a -11 error......

brick wall now...i cant even get back into dfu mode, cause when i power the phone off when its connected to the usb....it automatically turns back on without a press of the power.....and if i try to jump the reboot and hold power ahead of time....the apple logo never disappears, only two screens i see are the

apple logo....

and the connect to itunes screen with the usb cable....
'
im stumped

There is no untethered jailbreak for iOS5. If Cydia was crashing right when you tried to launch it that means that you didn't boot tethered.

Also, you cannot restore 5.0 anymore, you must restore 5.0.1 which is why you are getting all those errors.

There is no untethered jailbreak for iOS5. If Cydia was crashing right when you tried to launch it that means that you didn't boot tethered.

Also, you cannot restore 5.0 anymore, you must restore 5.0.1 which is why you are getting all those errors.

oh okay that makes sense...now for the 2nd part..how do i get out of this infinite..apple logo/connect to itunes screen..when i cant turn on the phone by itself when its connected since it turns on its self

lol now my phones dying lol...i will follow that as soon as it idk recharges somehow..ima try the wall charger