What's new

3GS Restore Help Please :)

Paddy78

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if someone might be able to help? I am currently unable to restore my 3GS using either itunes or redsnow...

I am currently running 5.0.1 and had a Tether Jailbreak which I did a long time ago. I have not had any issues until yesterday when I installed a new battery. This worked fine until the first time the battery discharged and the phone will now not boot up (Stays in the green screen mode).

So far I have tried the following:

Redsn0w (0.9.15b3) Tethered Boot - Error: Missing Keys.plist data for this build

iTunes Restore to 6.0.1 using Shift Restore - Error: iPhone could not be restored Error 3194

Redsn0w (0.9.15b3) Restore - Error: Couldn't find 6.0 blobs for this device

Can anyone suggest how / if I can recover my phone? At this stage I couldn't care less about the contents!

Thanks in advance :)

Paddy

Fix the 3194 by removing gs.apple.com in your host file, and deleting the host.umbrella file. Flush your DNS then retry. Make sure iTunes is closed and the process is ended before doing so.

Well Apple won't cover your phone, you chose to jailbreak and risked your warranty/guarentee even if you had months or weeks left on it they wouldn't have covered it, do some research try all the methods, try factory resetting and all of that and if people's advice doesn't work you've bricked your device and it's your own problem.

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

Thanks willerz, I had tried that as well, but to no avail. It turns out the new battery was a dud as when I replaced my old one it started working again! I must have spent about 4 hours looking on the net for a solution before I posted here! :S

Assasinaterz - My phone is over 3 1/2 years old, so was well out of warranty. :)

You can purchase external Apple Care warranty so that's the reason I said that.

Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

You can purchase external Apple Care warranty so that's the reason I said that.

Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

But to spend it on a 3GS IMO isn't the best investment at the moment, since at the rate that iOS 6 updates are coming out, iOS 7 should be right around them corner and the 3GS might not be supported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Well, I'm switching to 5 pretty soon and I'm on a 3GS.

Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ