What's new

Help Please problem booting tethered "missing keys.plist"

Riddler149

Reaction score
I have Cydia installed and I'm running ios6.1.3, Using RedSn0w to boot tether and I am getting missing keys.plist data for this build error. Any advice is appreciated.

Make sure you're selecting the iOS 6.0 IPSW for your device and that the build of the IPSW is the same build as your device.

Thank you, I'm sure I am selecting the 6.0 IPSW I don't know if the IPSW is the same build as my device I have a Iphone 4 GSM Currently running iOS 6.1.3 (10B329). I am running iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw...

Yes, I used the 6.0 ispw for the jb. I loaded it with RedSn0w. Maybe my ispw file is the wrong file?

Do you have access to the springboard on your device?

Yes, I used the 6.0 ispw for the jb. I loaded it with RedSn0w. Maybe my ispw file is the wrong file?

Yes I do, Where is the best place to get a legit ispw? Can I even ask that?

If you have access to your springboard, you won't need to use RedSn0w or a computer at all. If you have access to your springboard, you'll have access to Cydia. You can install the P0sixspwn package from Saurik's default repository, and reboot your device. Your device is now untethered.

I don't have Cydia I guess, I'm trying a different firmware. But this one should be the right one. It starts to install Cydia and says its done but then i get that error msg from the top.

So I need to make sure my phone is running 6.0 before I try to jailbreak it in 6.0?

Only the IPSW has to be 6.0 if you're on 6.1.3-6.1.5. If you're on 6.0 through 6.1.2, you can use Evasi0n, which does not require an IPSW. If your device was previously jailbroken, you can't rejailbreak. You can use Sn0wBreeze to boot tethered.