What's new

looking for tweak that will auto close apps when screen locks...

schollianmj

Reaction score
So I do a LOT of texting, and tend to miss a lot of notifications due to the fact that I will send a message, and then turn off the screen to lock the phone, but messages stays open and I do not hear the sound when I get my next message. if there was a tweak or something that wold auto close messages when the screen locks that would be great. I couldn't find anything on google, so i am asking here...

BatteryDoctorPro will do that. You can set it to auto close apps after a certain time after locking your phone. Not to mention, it is the best battery app there is in my opinion. It does a helluva lot more than battery stuff. You can set it to open toggles just by tapping on the battery in the status bar.
When searching for it in Cydia it's kinda hard to spot because all the first letters are in Korean or something. But don't worry, the app itself is in English.

Sent from iPhone using iPF.net

And it's COMPLETELY free!!!

Caution though. BDP is known to have issues for quite a few users in the current version which includes safe mode looping, crashes and Apple logo loops. Keyword is some users though

Yeh, he's right. It works perfectly for me and a few others I know. But did give problems to one other person.

So I do a LOT of texting, and tend to miss a lot of notifications due to the fact that I will send a message, and then turn off the screen to lock the phone, but messages stays open and I do not hear the sound when I get my next message. if there was a tweak or something that wold auto close messages when the screen locks that would be great. I couldn't find anything on google, so i am asking here...

You could always modify the sound a text message makes when a new message is received while you are in that particular conversation. The file/sound is called "ReceivedMessage.caf" and you can either change it by theming with Winterboard or by changing the file on the phone (I, personally, always theme my changes to prevent glitches, but YMMV).

I specifically themed this sound for the very reason you talk of - I could not hear the incoming message; I made it much louder. So, maybe that'll help you?

Marilyn