What's new

Alerts Not Sounding in Lock Screen

auntyj

Reaction score
I've realised the ringtones for SMS messages and Viber aren't soundng when the phone is locked (probably why I never hear them!)

In "notifications" for "Messages" I have "Alerts" as the style, a text tone set, and "View in Lock Screen" turned on. It does indeed show the alrts, but I need the ringtone to sound - (bit useless having a phone that doesn't ring!) In "Sounds" I have "Lock Sounds" turned on, but I've just watched a new alert for a message appear on the screen, and the text tone didn't sound.

Any ideas? There isn't an option in "notifications" for the tone to sound in lock screen.

Many thanks

I wish it was that simple, but thanks for trying to help.

If this is what you mean by "lock sounds " turned on then you have misunderstood this screen
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352681189.108668.jpg
This has nothing to do with the lock screen notification sounds, it is for the sound of the screen locking same as the item below is for those annoying beeps when you touch the keyboard.
Turn it off as in my screen shot and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Maybe that is not the only problem
Viber has an option in notifications to turn on sounds
In messages when you choose a sound try turning the volume up
Also check to see if your Do Not Disturb settings are correct

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If this is what you mean by "lock sounds " turned on then you have misunderstood this screen
View attachment 9504
This has nothing to do with the lock screen notification sounds, it is for the sound of the screen locking same as the item below is for those annoying beeps when you touch the keyboard.
Turn it off as in my screen shot and you should be good.

Thanks, I had misunderstood this, I'll try it.

I have the sound in Viber turned on (annoyed I can't assign a ringtone to this, only the default tone that I never hear).
My volume for everything is turned up to maximum, and my Do Not Disturb settings are always off.

Last edited:
Seems to be working now, thanks everyone.