What's new

Looking for a Paper Coupon Scanning App

min

Reaction score
I have a great member card application which allows me to store all of those valuable (yet pesky) store cards that give us member discounts when we shop. It's a free app called CardStar.

So, now I'm looking for an app that will allow me scan and store paper coupons on my iPhone, to eliminate clipping and having to remember to grab the many slips of paper, as I'm walking out the door. (I've seen the apps that will store virtual coupons.)

Does anyone know of such an app?

Thanks, Min

welcome to the forum! i dont know of any app that does that, does laser do it? not sure

What! we can use this coupon for scanning the iphone applications. The iphone scanning coupon is such useful coupon.

No much contribution for what you are looking for Min, just to welcome you on the forum.

I am working on an app right now to do exactly this. Any particular features you might be looking for? I should have something in the next couple of weeks.

-Rog

I have a great member card application which allows me to store all of those valuable (yet pesky) store cards that give us member discounts when we shop. It's a free app called CardStar.

So, now I'm looking for an app that will allow me scan and store paper coupons on my iPhone, to eliminate clipping and having to remember to grab the many slips of paper, as I'm walking out the door. (I've seen the apps that will store virtual coupons.)

Thanks, Min

min said:

Thanks, Min

I would love something like this as well.

Hi Rog,

Not sure. Whatever features that make it simple for the shops to redeem my coupons would the great! I find that even with something as simple as CardStar, some shops hesitate if their scanner doesn't pick up the barcode.

Thanks, Min

I am working on an app right now to do exactly this. Any particular features you might be looking for? I should have something in the next couple of weeks.

-Rog

Hi Roger,

Any progress on the scan app? I spent an entire day manually inputting my coupons...what a pain. I'm anxiously waiting for the app that will do it and organize them as well. I've been using MuCoupons which pretty good except of you accidentally don't change the year to 2012, the item will delete itself as expired. If it had scanning capabilities, it would be a pretty good program.

I have it running in dev mode on my machine. A little more cleanup and I should be able to release a first version. Is MuCoupons an iPhone app? Do you have a link for it?

Thanks

Hi Roger,

Any progress on the scan app? I spent an entire day manually inputting my coupons...what a pain. I'm anxiously waiting for the app that will do it and organize them as well. I've been using MuCoupons which pretty good except of you accidentally don't change the year to 2012, the item will delete itself as expired. If it had scanning capabilities, it would be a pretty good program.

I use MyCoupons also, and I love it! But I hate entering all the coupon data each week! There are multiple coupon inserts each week and each one has tons of coupons, so the data entery is overwhelming! If the coupons could be scanned in instead it would be perfect! I don't know if I need an app that IS my coupon (I have them all in a binder), I'm just tired of entering all the info myself, so if you create an app that scans them in, I would be very interested in that! Please keep us updated!

I have it running in dev mode on my machine. A little more cleanup and I should be able to release a first version. Is MuCoupons an iPhone app? Do you have a link for it?

Thanks

Do you guys know if the grocery stores will allow you to use digital coupons for their inserts? I wasn't sure if they would require you to physically give them to the store so that they could mail them into the company for redemption?

Thanks

What model did you adopt for the app? Continuous scan until recognized or aim and click? Did you build from scratch or did you re-purpose code? I'm interested in doing something similar and was curious about the challenges you faced and resources that are available?

Thanks!