What's new

Long time Blackberry user would like to switch to iphone. Questions! Please help!

aimee613

Reaction score
I have had a Verizon Blackberry for the past 5 years and I am eligible for my upgrade now and would like to switch to the iphone. Is it an easy transition? Is there anything I should know before I do this? Also do you think I should wait for the 5g to come out or should I just go for it now? I am also confused about data storage. 16gb or 32gb? What does a typical 16gb phone hold in terms of number of apps, photos, music and games. This is all so foreign to me after the Blackberry, but i am so ready for the switch!!

What kind of Blackberry are you using? If it is a Storm or Storm-2 you will love the iphone! I took the plunge and got the 32gig model and VERY glad I did... I have around 2,000 songs 900+ pics and a few movies and I still have aprox 14gig free.

As far as the iphone-5 nobody really knows if it will be coming to Verizon this summer? it wouldn't be such a bad thing being stuck with an iphone-4 for a couple of years! IMHO :eek:)

itunes: Is a little hard to use at first but after just a little while it's kind of nice.

web browsing: It blows away Blackberry hands down! if this is part of your consideration?

E-mail push: Blackberry is far superior but this wasn't a deciding factor for me.

As for the phone itself the build quality is probably the best phone I have ever owned! I have had many phones (17 year Verizon customer)

Camera and video quality is awesome! I know its only 5-megapixel but it is far better than most of the camera phones I have owned.. The video recording is fantastic!

Do yourself a favor and go check one out at a Verizon store you will probably switch right on the spot!

I have had a Verizon Blackberry for the past 5 years and I am eligible for my upgrade now and would like to switch to the iphone. Is it an easy transition? Is there anything I should know before I do this? Also do you think I should wait for the 5g to come out or should I just go for it now? I am also confused about data storage. 16gb or 32gb? What does a typical 16gb phone hold in terms of number of apps, photos, music and games. This is all so foreign to me after the Blackberry, but i am so ready for the switch!!

The word around the net is that Apple will most likely not to introduce a new iPhone this summer. If you're holding back on buying a new iPhone 4 you'll be waiting a bit longer than you might want. I say go for it and buy now. As for the storage size goes,.. well I bought the Verizon iPhone 4 16 gb. I've had several iPhones and iPod touch all with 16gb of memory. Naturally I followed the habit and I purchased my new Verizon iPhone 4 with 16 gb of memory. Had I done my research I would have learned that iPhone Apps used to be small (some still are) but now days that's not so true anymore. The good apps run on gigabytes. So had i known that information at the time of my purchase I personally would have gone with the Verizon iPhone 4 32gb as the new minimum in memory capacity.
I hope this helped. :)

Verizon iPhone 4 and Tapatalk

I had the Blackberry curve, then the Storms 1 and 2... went to the droid X and incredible so I have experienced several smart phones... I went to the iphone4 with Verizon a month ago and have LOVED IT...

The battery was what sold me! i can now go all day without charging! :) :):):)

But overall it seems to be a great phone.....

I switched from the incredible to the iphone about 3 months ago and Im so glad I did, its a great phone hands down.

i have had BB curve, BB Tour, Droid X, and iPhone now

One thing you have to get used to now is typing with the damn keyboard lol
most of the time with the BB, i know what i am typing without needing to pay much attention
the droid's swipe was a breeze to type with too with little attention
but iPhone requires all my attention when i am typing just to watch out for typo lol and i def hate the auto-correction on the iPhone

but you will get used to it ;)

i have had BB curve, BB Tour, Droid X, and iPhone now

One thing you have to get used to now is typing with the damn keyboard lol
most of the time with the BB, i know what i am typing without needing to pay much attention
the droid's swipe was a breeze to type with too with little attention
but iPhone requires all my attention when i am typing just to watch out for typo lol and i def hate the auto-correction on the iPhone

but you will get used to it ;)

You can disable the auto correction in your phone settings> generale> keyboard.
And yes, you will get use to the way of typing on your new device:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

through jailbreak isnt there a way to use that swype function the droid phones have?

I had pretty much every BB there was until I got a Samsung Fascinate last year, then I switched to the iphone in Feb. (Would have switched sooner if it were out with Verizon) I think you would be extremely happy with the iPhone. No Blackerberry Messenger, but after going without it when I switched to the droid. I couldn't care less about having BBM. Just do it...join the dark side...we have cookies.

jamiejjorge said:
I had pretty much every BB there was until I got a Samsung Fascinate last year, then I switched to the iphone in Feb. (Would have switched sooner if it were out with Verizon) I think you would be extremely happy with the iPhone. No Blackerberry Messenger, but after going without it when I switched to the droid. I couldn't care less about having BBM. Just do it...join the dark side...we have cookies.

I came from blackberry and Droid. Love iPhone. You can use whatsapp messenger It is like bbm

jamiejjorge said:

I came from blackberry and Droid. Love iPhone. You can use whatsapp messenger It is like bbm

That's good to know. Would it be like BBM but just for iphone users? How does that work?

Whatsapp is a cross platform of iPhone, android and blackberry. If you have friends with any of these phones you can chat. You can even do group chat

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Came from Blackberry and Windows Phone. Jump the broom, you will not be disappointed. Strictly from the techie side, I have been messing with this phone since day one with software installs, uninstalls, jailbreaking 4.2.6, 4.2.7, 4.2.8 and various other procedures and to date it just keeps on working. Sad to say I have even dropped it down two flights of stairs once and it keeps ticking. Lucky for me I had a cover with a holster clip on it when I did so did not damage the screen at all.

Yeah, whatsapp is a good messaging app, but you will have your friends to get that whatsapp installed on their phone as well, whatsapp is a cross platform so that it should be easy for your frinds to install it on their devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk