What's new

Locked on activation

nbell

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s I wanted to completely erase and set it up for my daughter. I ended up with nothing on the phone except this: "Activate iPhone - This iPhone is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this iPhone. (n●●●●●@n●●●●●.com)" Plus it is asking for a password to go along with the user name...

Problem is I have no earthly idea what n*****@n*****.com stands for. I am the original purchaser of this phone and my middle name is Nathan but I don't remember ever using the combination nathan@nathan.... and when I do use
EDITED with every password I've ever used it continue to go right back to the "Activate iPhone" screen.

I hope someone has a suggestion... as it is right now iTunes won't recognize the phone... nothing will!

Please help....

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to enter the credentials for the original Apple ID that was used to set up the phone. What you have now is an expensive paperweight unless you are able do that. This is known as iCloud Activation Lock and there is no way to bypass this procedure.

If you are the original owner of the iPhone and can prove that to Apple its very likely they will help you if you contact them.
My son had the same issue with his 4s, I was the original owner and Apple were very helpful.