What's new

Help cannot activate my iphone 4s tried allsorts

jules76uk

Reaction score
Hi thanks for adding me to the group, I have a massive problem, i got an iphone 4s from my daughter and said upon startup need to activate it, so i put in my icloud details and said its linked to an apple ID so i typed in my daughters details, her email and password, and says its not right, so she has gone into icloud and can sign in there and see everything and gone to find my phone and deleted the phone from there etc so nothingon that account, but will not for life of me go in. i have gone to itunes and clicked restore and still finishes etc and then comes to a sign in page to activate again! grr please can anyone help.

Have you tried restoring the iPhone? If so, do you get the same pop up asking for the Apple ID and password that don't work?

I've deleted the other post on this same topic as duplicate posts can fragment any resulting conversation making it hard to follow, as well as being against our rules.

hi there sorry about the duplicate, new to all this and desperate. yep held home button and plugged in and went to itunes and clicked restore and it said restore so followed and left it and then agter 15 minutes came up with activate again! x spent hours on it today.

It looks like the iPhone wasn't erased correctly, and is still connected to her iCloud ID.

Can she still find it in www.icloud.com/find among her devices, or has it been removed completely?

yep thats the strange thing we have been on that and says connected i dont think she deleted properly on the phone but she has been onto itunes, icloud and find phone and only thing showing now is her ipad, so she erased that too so nothing on there now, it says no devices at all. x

If it was successfully removed from her iCloud account, it should be erased remotely as soon as it's online. There's no need to restore it through iTunes in that case. She should also have received an email that it was erased. I suppose that didn't happen in your case.

What if she enters her iCloud ID and password? She should be able to set it up again, and then erase it in Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. This will make sure it's not connected to her ID any more.

yep she can get on icloud with her id and password, even though the id and password correct it keeps saying on the phone incorrect, but it isnt its very much correct. no email were recieved, yet she can log in through itunes and icloud with that id and password just not the phone.
so cant even get into settings. we are stuck and totally annoyed we have spent hours trying to get it.

Sorry, no idea what else could work. If it's locked by iCloud, there's no way around this, if it doesn't accept her information. It seems to me that you're entering the right password and ID, or else she wouldn't be able to login online.

If possible, contact Apple, maybe they'll be able to help. Make sure that she can prove that she purchased the iPhone (billing).

oh my word, this phone is like 2-3 years old lol....we havent got reciept still after all this time. and just use pay as you go on it lol. gonna have to contact apple i think.

Your payment method doesn't matter. You need proof that this iPhone was purchased by her.